Help with caponizing

He doesn't harm people, he just try's to keep them away from all the other chickens, he gets worried when people get close to them. After he knows they are ok he's fine, this is done by them giving treats, he's even willing to sit in peoples laps. Sometimes I think he has mental problems by the way he acts, he is just so different than the roosters I had before. And some of that I think stems off from the first three boys being Salmon Faverolles and him being an EE, the faverolles have been the most calm and gental breed I have had so far, both male and female.

He doesn't harm people, he just try's to keep them away from all the other chickens, he gets worried when people get close to them. After he knows they are ok he's fine, this is done by them giving treats, he's even willing to sit in peoples laps. Sometimes I think he has mental problems by the way he acts, he is just so different than the roosters I had before. And some of that I think stems off from the first three boys being Salmon Faverolles and him being an EE, the faverolles have been the most calm and gental breed I have had so far, both male and female.

Sorry to be a busybody, but this sounds like you know he needs to "go away" one way or another. TMK aggressiveness doesn't just go away and you have gone so far as to describe him as "mental." Do you really want him breeding this into your future chicks? IMHO you should at least separate him to keep him off your hens.

Lauraschicks

Last edited:
He's gone now, he found a new home with a 4H leader, she has 2 hens. She loves him, he kills the snakes that come around their house, kids who have no animals to show at fairs she uses him, I used him for my FFA showing so he's calm when being handled and other looking at him.

Excellent...

He's gone now, he found a new home with a 4H leader, she has 2 hens. She loves him, he kills the snakes that come around their house, kids who have no animals to show at fairs she uses him, I used him for my FFA showing so he's calm when being handled and other looking at him.

I didn't catch the dates on the previous posts. That's what I get for being a busybody. But I'm glad he found a new home and seems to have matured better than those who will remain nameless, ..me...expected.
:D Lauraschicks

Back
Top Bottom