Help with chick id, and if a pullet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Justin28, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Justin28

Justin28 In the Brooder

Aug 13, 2018
    Logan, utah
    I just picked up 2 chicks from my local feed store they were labeled as ameraucan. But not sure if they are or possibly Easter Eggers? I'm a beginner so please go easy. And if anyone can tell if they are pullets or not yet

Attached Files:

cavemanrich likes this.
  2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Crossing the Road

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Nice chicks,,, They do look like pullets to me. They also may be simply EE's .. Many feed stores label their Easter Eggers as Americana. Note the different spelling. They are mixes that usually have some Ameraucana in their genetics. They lay colorful eggs. Being called Americana, makes them more desirable to be purchased. Easter Eggers seem to take a lower position. I :love Easter Eggers. Had 3 and the longest living went 11 years.
    WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome

3. rkapfen

rkapfen Songster

Feb 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Definitely look like my EE pullets! I was told that if they look like they have black eyeliner on it’s a good indicator of pullet but idk how true that actually is. While mine were also labeled “ameraucana” they’re definitely EE and I don’t care cause they turned out to be one of my favorite breeds and will definitely always have them in my flock. One lays a lighter bluish eggs and one a light green. Great cuddly personalities too!

Attached Files:

4. ZooAtHome

ZooAtHome Chirping

Jun 7, 2018
    NW Oregon
    They look a lot like my EE chick as well, though mine isn't as mature as yours. However, since many Easter Eggers are crossed with Americaunas, I suspect their chicks may look quite similar to the untrained eye. My eye is definitely not trained yet.

5. Justin28

Justin28 In the Brooder

Aug 13, 2018
    Logan, utah
    Thank you it sounds like I might have gotten two Easter Eggers and I'm totally fine with that! As long as they are pullets as I cannot have rooster where I live

6. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Probably EE....typical 'mis-labeling'.
    Feet look more slate than green tho.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: