Help with chicken poo critters

Kevin_87

Songster
5 Years
Aug 4, 2017
I have four hens. I have worked them now three times. All seem healthy and laying eggs. One of my Plymouth Rocks keeps showing, what I believe to be worms in her droppings. Picture attached please give me your thoughts. They were wormed with wazine 17 then ivermectin.
IMG_20181208_123642377.jpg
IMG_20181208_123710131.jpg

Looks like possible tapeworm proglottids or heads. Are they moving shortly after passing them? The usual treatment is to remove any hosts, such as flies, snails, slugs, earthworms, and old droppings from the area. Worming with a praziquantel wormer such as Equimax horse paste 0.033 ml per pound of weight would be good. That is 0.16 ml for a 5 pound chicken. Then repeat that in 14 days.

Looks like possible tapeworm proglottids or heads. Are they moving shortly after passing them? The usual treatment is to remove any hosts, such as flies, snails, slugs, earthworms, and old droppings from the area. Worming with a praziquantel wormer such as Equimax horse paste 0.033 ml per pound of weight would be good. That is 0.16 ml for a 5 pound chicken. Then repeat that in 14 days.

They do move out of the droppings and seem to die. I will treat the birds tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom