Help with chicken with one limp leg!

Does anyone know what might be wrong so I can treat her! Should I split her leg?

her head is in a odd position because she was drinking

Attachments

• 20220907_185608.jpg
    20220907_185608.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220907_185634.jpg
    20220907_185634.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 8
The best thing i take away here is that she seems a little better today. Thats so important, and gives the piece of mind you need! My chicken did the same, got a bit better and then, she was the same for a couple days and I got worried but, she was eating and drinking and behavior wise seemed content but just favoring the leg. She kept weight off of it for a couple of days, and the toes curled or seemed to be concerning, but, she healed. The best thing I did when my chicken hurt her leg was to get her into a dog crate IN the run to reduce the stress of being removed from the flock. Food, water, bedding; and she was able to rest and seemed almost content being away from the banter of daily hen life. At night i put her in the henhouse in a smaller dog crate. she was happy there too. I gave her some scrambled egg daily for the extra protein. This was my second hen in 2 weeks with an injured leg, so, I had to inspect, and sure enough, it was my roosting bar design. I wouldnt be surprised if your hen did get caught in the blinds or something. They act up at roost time! i had 2 roosts and they were jumping back and forth and I know thats how the injuries happened. no problems since thankfully. Good luck with your flock. seems like your doing all the right things. just patience now. 🐔
:love

Back
Top Bottom