help with choosing a new incubator hobavator 1602N or Genesis 1588?

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
I was told to buy a genesis 1588-not realizing how expensive they are ( I want to buy the turner too) It comes to 200$ But I keep finding Hobavator 1602N's for a much better price-someone help with the difference and whats better-Ill bite it and buy the more expensive one if theres a huge difference?? thanks so much!!!

Quote:
None of the above, get Brinsea 20 ECO.

Why settle for Ford Pinto or KIA when you can have a Caddy for the same price?

Do you have to have a seperate hatcher for the Brinsea 20? It seems so small, it makes me wonder how the chicks would have room to hatch out in that. It reminds me of the old hot hair rollers case.

I have an LG styrofoam. I do not think I will buy another of this type

I am going to get the Brinsea 20 ECO with the turner. It should come to about the same price as the 1588 with turner and shipping.

Of course I do not incubate that many eggs anymore. I have run out of room for my flock and I have a very difficult time thinning it out.

See this thread also:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150970

Hope this helps

rim

Last edited by a moderator:
HappyHatch'en :

I agree, brinsea 20 with turner......$149.00, you are buying quality, instead of a refurbished beer cooler...... JMO
HappyHatch'en

Please tell me where you ordered from. I have a check coming from a horse deal. Next week I am going to splurge and get a decent incubator for my serama hatches.

I am going to use my LG for a hatchery and just keep the egg cartons in it with the screen. I have done so much modifications to this thing it looks like a scientific experiment gone bad.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom