Help with crop

ashlierami

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 9, 2017
Alabama
I have a 4 year old give or take hen. She does not lay anymore. Yesterday I noticed when i picked her up she vomited on me. It was just water and had no odor. It was alittle warm yesterday so I thought she just drank alot. Today she has her crop large and it feels like a water balloon. She's been acting normal she's been with her rooster and other hens foraging and dust bathing. She roosted when it was time tonight. It just concerns me that Everytime I pick her up she vomits water.

I noticed when i picked her up she vomited on me. It was just water
Today she has her crop large and it feels like a water balloon
been acting normal she's been with her rooster and other hens foraging and dust bathing
Everytime I pick her up she vomits water.

When are you feeling of her crop? To gauge crop function, check it first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks. A crop is going to have water/food during the day.

Also, how are you picking her up? Are you pressing the crop when you pick her up?

If you find that the crop is not empty in the morning then read the article below and let us know which one you think it is.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom