Help with drinker

688peterl

Songster
10 Years
Oct 2, 2009
what do you guys use for drinkers/waterers? i know i can just use bowls of water or something when the ducks are grown but they need some sort of special drinker until they are old enough to use just a bowl, somebody recommended a chicken drinker/waterer, but a ducklings bill is a lot bigger than a chicks beak isnt it so would ducklings be able to get the water properly? another method ive read about is using a small round container and filling it with water then filling it with marbles/stones to take up most of the container so that the depth of the water is about 1/4 inch. Another method ive seen is this one:

http://www.duckeggs.com/hatching-eggs.html
(scroll right to the bottom)

which one is best?

Milk jug waterers work pretty well. I have a grown-up version for my ducks...a 5 gallon bucket with lid and 2 holes cut in it. It keeps the mess in the pen down a bit
big_smile.png

About 3/4 of the way up? I just eyeballed it based on the height of my ducks. Where you need to put it is going to depend on the size of your ducks.

Quote:
Well duh! That makes sense, sorry hadn't had coffee yet when I posted so brain was still in neutral....lol.

I've gotten lots of awesome suggestions/information from this site. Can't wait until I get my ducks. Have to wait until at least February.....BIG SIGH.....

Back
Top Bottom