Help with duck breed please!

Found this, saying that they are the same breed. I just wondered is all, I don't want to be disrespectful. I've had questions about the differences for a while. There aren't really very many documents about it.
Screenshot_2020-02-28-15-17-45.png

I heard the opposite. That ancona were rarer. IDK just wondered

Anconas are actually very common. Almost every hatchery breeds them. Magpies are APA accepted where as Anconas are not. Anconas are larger than Magpies. Magpies are an old Welsh breed. Its widely accepted by most that Anconas were developed in the US from Magpie stock. Anconas were intended to be larger, better layers, and a much easier pattern to breed than the Magpie.

Anconas are actually very common. Almost every hatchery breeds them. Magpies are APA accepted where as Anconas are not. Anconas are larger than Magpies. Magpies are an old Welsh breed. Its widely accepted by most that Anconas were developed in the US from Magpie stock. Anconas were intended to be larger, better layers, and a much easier pattern to breed than the Magpie.

The hatcheries that TSC uses don't carry Anconas. I have the full list of which hatcheries TSC uses in all their stores this year (I work there) and they use a hatchery that carries Magpies. Of course not good quality Magpies, but still they call them Magpies. None of the hatcheries they use carry Anconas.

Likely this particular duckling came from Privett, which has Magpies but not Anconas.

The hatcheries that TSC uses don't carry Anconas. I have the full list of which hatcheries TSC uses in all their stores this year (I work there) and they use a hatchery that carries Magpies. Of course not good quality Magpies, but still they call them Magpies. None of the hatcheries they use carry Anconas.

Likely this particular duckling came from Privett, which has Magpies but not Anconas.

Thanks everyone! I did some more research and have been watching as she grows and I’m still leaning toward Magpie. I know one of the differences was a distinct “cap and body color” rather than all over spattering and she has that. The only change is she is beginning to get more splotches on her bill. Updated pic for reference (and because she’s so cute!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom