Help with duck eggs

no just a little space on the upper half. i really hope a few of them are good. i added 8 more eggs to the bator just incase these dont turn out well. i dont get it, the heat is spot on, the hummidity should be fine and they have an automatic turner. i have no clue what else to do. i added a small trough for them in the pen to aid in fertility and they already had access to a pond when they free range about 4 hrs a day. i would see them mating all the time. what the heck, its day 11 now i think, day 2 for the new batch

So how are the duck eggs doing, I just candled for lockdown tomorrow, tossed 2 and 1 is iffee....the others are all move with a few with wonky air cells, so will candle tomorrow after last turning to turn them up...18 eggs Welsh Harlequin with 1 maybe, a couple I could see beaks at the air cell...so stinkin excited :)

i just leave them go i never candle eggs in my incubators , dont like opening the incubators until time to move them to the hatcher. I generally get a 99% hatch and the best part mine usually turn up 80-90% hens..which is good since i sell day old chicks it makes them easier to sell out of...so if your drakes are breeding the hens i would just leave them go and see if they hatch.

well the problem is, its day 21 and i see no growth, if some one could give an accurate instruction of what they do from collecting the eggs all the way to hatch time i'd appreciate it so i can figure out whats wrong.

i have pekin ducks eggs with 10 days left to go and when i candle i see the babies and a lot of movement. i find that the duck eggs are much easier to see thru and you can pretty much watch them grow where the chicken eggs i have hatched were always harder to see thru. If you are not seeing anything then there might not be anything in there

Back
Top Bottom