Help with egg turner plz

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigspringshatchery, Jul 9, 2010.

1. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Songster

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    I was given an egg turner from a friend. I don't know a model or anything. It's yellow of that helps. I don't have a clue how to use it besides I k ow I put the eggs on and plug it up. What end of the egg goes down. If I had to guess I would say pointed bc that's how I store them.

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Yup, pointed end down. Just put the turner in your incubator, plug it in (the incubator should have a hold somewhere for running the cord through--depends on the model), and put the eggs in. The turner will turn more slowly than you can detect just by watching--to be sure it's running, look at it after about an hour and see if it's in a different position. Put the eggs in pointy-side down and you're good to go.

Enjoy.

P.S. The Hovabator turner is yellow, and I think the LG is too. What incubator do you have?

3. I don't know if I can help much...but yes, pointy small end down. The air space should be at the biggest end. I have a Duccle that lays almost oval eggs and it is hard to tell sometimes. I have two turners that go in my two incubators...but they were made to go in them. But near as I can tell a turner would work in any incubator that it fits into without getting stuck on anything as the egg channels tip back and forth.

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:LG is white.

5. I bought mine at Tractor Supply and I think they are little giants although the box doesn't say so but the incubator is identical to the one on their website named that. I got the egg turners there too. Mine are an off white-eggshell color but the website shows them in black. The box says they were all made in the USA by Miller.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by