1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with Frizzles PLEASE :)!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by horseyjess, Oct 5, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Please help with this needed I need to let her know if I am going to get him Today and I would have to get him BEFORE 2pm thanks!!!

Ok I feel like I am going chicken crazy here! As I said kids want to show and after I ordered and had all the chicks on teh way it hit.. They wouldnt be mature enough in Feb. So I am on the lookout for something not perfect but good for them to show. Found someone that wants to give us a Frizzle roo 4 mos old. Thing is I just got rid of some Roos cause we had to many. So I dont want to take this free Roo on if he is just going to be another pet as I dont need to have the Roos out number the hens. I am sure that the babies have a bunch of Roos. I have some pictures of him and need honest opinions [​IMG]! HE is supposed to be 4 mos old THANKS AGAIN!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks like a Black Frizzled Cochin to me.

No clue if it's show quality.

3. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    He is cute, but he doesn't have very good foot feathering. Mine have feathered feet just like a smooth cochin. Other than that i can't tell you a whole lot [​IMG]

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Four months can be really early to judge but ideally you'd like to see more width to his body feather and more foot feathering at that point.

Still some really are slow to do the whole poof out thing. He's a banty, he doesn't eat much, so seeing how he will grow won't cost you much. If he doesn't poof out more by six months he probably won't but that's not long from now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by