Help with gender please!

Give that bird a few more weeks- I am not convinced it is a boy. Looks to have a few girly features to me
wink.png

Trish

I still feel in my gut that it is a girl its just everyone keeps saying it looks like a cockeral. I am hoping that it is just a masculine looking girl anyway! Its just so un-cock-shaped the feathers just keep throwing me.

Time-out thats great you have a huge variety of chickens, I love the sebrights but need to build some pens before I get anymore chickens. I was thinking about hatching some out this spring though it will be my first time, I have two lovely black and gold frizzle polish bantams and was debating breeding some sizzles. What do you think, will they sell? You must have a lot of land to have such a range of chooks :)

Sorry...100% male....he's showing the pointed hackle feathers in the neck hackle and saddle area. He's already getting a larger red comb. His tassel feathers on the head show male as well...I raise a tasseled breed and the young cockerels heads carry the same characteristics as your guy.

I don't have any land lol We have three small hens at home and the rest are on a private allotment. We don't have that many, only 54 at the moment, but the number changes all the time. They live in three pens: cockerels & growers, LF and bantams.

I'm afraid I don't know how well sizzles sell. I don't seem to see many about, though, so it might be worth a go. Have you got much land?

Sad times, well I will try and keep him. For now he can go in with the bantams til I find a nice silkie boy for them! No we havent got much land, just a reasonable sized back garden which at the moment is full of chicken houses and free-ranging chooks (much to the hubby's dismay!!!). He wants me to get them split up and into pens but til he builds them they have the whole garden!

We originally got chickens for eggs but then I started buying bantams and now I'm hooked I am looking at allotment space too but I'm not sure if we are allowed to keep chickens on the local allotments. I don't see many sizzles either so when I find the right silkie boy I might incubate a few.

It was a boy, I ended up giving it back to the breeder as it obviosuly wasn't an aracuana I reckon an aracuana got to a barred rock or something! Sad though he was so sweet. :(

Back
Top Bottom