Help with homemade bator

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I think I will try using small pebbles in the bottom of the bator and see how that works.

What kind of temp gauge you using if it is a digital try putting the sensor in a water wiggler or wraping a partley filled ziploc bag around it held in place witha couple rubberbands. the problem i found with mine was that the temp sensor was catching the direct light off the bulb and boosting the temp on the digital gauge off. kinda like setting in the shade v. standing in the direct sunlight. air temo goes up and down but the inside of the egg is what ya need to worry about

Okay now I have a new problem. Ive got it fixed where the temp. doesnt spike up so high, now its steady at 99-100. But what I am having a problem with is the temp. goes down some. Once the light clicks off and been off for a few minutes the temp. sometimes goes down to 93. I will be using this as my hatcher, so how do I get this fixed? I have two different digital thermostats in there and they both say the same thing. Ive put a small mason jar and a large rock in one corner and small pebbles in the very bottom of the bator.

I don't think 93 is all that bad. Like I said, my temps swing around stoopid crazy, but that is air temperature. The inside of the egg will change temperature more slowly. And, lower is better than higher any day. You'll find stories on here about power outages, getting "pre- incubated" eggs that hatch a week early, etc., where everything turns out okay, so I think you're fine!
fl.gif

Okay I went out and bought a new high dollar one that has the sensor that I an put in a water wiggler. For the past 3 or 4 hours its been around the same, 94 degrees. I still wouldnt think that would be good to put the eggs into for the last three days. But
idunno.gif
What can I do to raise it some, but for it not to get over 102 degrees?

I don't know what the incubator looks like, but you could try putting a towel or blanket over it for added insulation. If you have vent holes open, you would want to leave that part uncovered. I know incubators lose a lot of heat through the viewing window. Cover that at the very least, with a folded hand towel or book (you can still peek).

Back
Top Bottom