Help with identifying what breed of rooster this is please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MaterMan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. MaterMan

MaterMan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2009
    Tennessee
    I bought this rooster from a nieghbor and he said that he was a cross between a RIR hen and the rooster is unknown. If you have seen a rooster like this before let me know. I think he may be half Welsummer or Maran, but I don't know that much about other breeds colors.
    [​IMG]

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Bumping, I have no clue.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I do think he is atleast half Maran, he has the Maran eyes, but something about his color makes him not look fullblooded.

4. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I don't care what he is..........he is just GORGEOUS!!![​IMG]
    I want one of those.
    Sorry cant help, I'm a newbie and I want them all. [​IMG]

5. MaterMan

MaterMan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2009
    Tennessee
    Until today I had not seen any pictures of a Maran. But after seeing those on another post in this section I think he is 1/4 Maran 1/4 something else and the other half RIR. I'm just guessing, I really don't know. I do like the looks of him and THANKS for the compliments. I think the dude I bought him from said that If I crossed him with RIR's the hens will come out black and the roo's will come out who knows what color. I keep him and give it a try. If ya'll see any pictures that look similar to him, let me know so If I sell any day old chicks out of him I will know what to tell folks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by