Help with indentification

haroonshaukat

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
Hi all, I'm new here and have just hatched my first batch of eggs that I bought of eBay and were sold as mixture of breeds. I have attached se pics and need help with id, what breed are they?
[/IMG]

Okay so it looks like you have two Welsummer chicks two Australorp chicks and maybe some Orpingtons! Wait till they are a bit older.
:D Hope that helps!

I have been looking at pics of wellsummer chick photos and araucana chick photos and they look the same?? They both have chipmunk stripes down their back. Also not sure if this helps but two of them with the stripes have green legs?

I'm soooo confused :-s

I have been looking at pics of wellsummer chick photos and araucana chick photos and they look the same?? They both have chipmunk stripes down their back. Also not sure if this helps but two of them with the stripes have green legs?

I'm soooo confused :-s
Almost every time you see "Araucana" referenced online, especially from a hatchery, it's incorrect. An Araucana is a bird with tufted cheeks, (kind of like a handlebar mustache), and no tail. Hatcheries incorrectly call "Easter Eggers" Araucanas, why? I don't know. But, it's very annoying.

If your chicks have a chipmunk stripe and green legs, do one more thing. Check their comb. If you can see well defined bumps, it's called a straight comb. If it's smoother, wider, smushed it's probably a pea comb. If it has a pea comb, you probably have Easter Eggers, which are absolutely amazing chicks. They're a breed who lays a varied egg color - you don't know what it'll be until they start laying, but more often than not it's usually a shade of blue/green.

Congratulations!

Cool thank you, I don't understand what you mean by comb?
Almost every time you see "Araucana" referenced online, especially from a hatchery, it's incorrect.  An Araucana is a bird with tufted cheeks, (kind of like a handlebar mustache), and no tail.  Hatcheries incorrectly call "Easter Eggers" Araucanas, why?  I don't know.  But, it's very annoying.

If your chicks have a chipmunk stripe and green legs, do one more thing.  Check their comb.  If you can see well defined bumps, it's called a straight comb.  If it's smoother, wider, smushed it's probably a pea comb.  If it has a pea comb, you probably have Easter Eggers, which are absolutely amazing chicks.  They're a breed who lays a varied egg color - you don't know what it'll be until they start laying, but more often than not it's usually a shade of blue/green.

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom