Help with inherited coop

Thanks for the reply. Your coop looks awesome!

Is there any problem with them sleeping on the floor of the coop as long as I keep it clean? I put in a roost 2"x4" about 13" up and no one used it last two nights. I'll try to inch it a little higher.

This coop only has to last them thru winter. I'm working on plans for a new one to build over the winter. Also if they get too cold I will move them into our heated garage (~50oF) and they will get the coop/run for daytime.

Margali

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

You are such a good person for being so concerned with them and wanting to make their living quarters better! The roost you put in for them sounds great, but if they aren't using it- I wonder if it's too close to the roof and they can't fit? The height of that coop just looks really short. You could pull the roof off, add a couple more boards to make it higher and put the top back on. Not sure how they built it and if that is doable. If not, it might be fine for now until you can figure out something bigger for them with more head room. BTW, your chickens are sure pretty!!
smile.png

Many have given you fine advise. If you want your Chickens to be safe and happy...you need to think about a NEW COOP.

Back
Top Bottom