Help with male or female please 🙏🏼

That's a cockerel. He's got rooster color patterns.
ugh, can I keep him in the coop with two hens he’s been raised with? I’m allowed to have roosters because our entire island is full of wild jungle fowl.
Will he hurt the hens? Now all the eggs will be fertilized! I wanted a peaceful life of egg laying hens. Do I need to make him a bachelor pad? He loves his ladies and his coop and we want to keep him.

ugh, can I keep him in the coop with two hens he’s been raised with? I’m allowed to have roosters because our entire island is full of wild jungle fowl.
Will he hurt the hens? Now all the eggs will be fertilized! I wanted a peaceful life of egg laying hens. Do I need to make him a bachelor pad? He loves his ladies and his coop and we want to keep him.
I don’t think he will hurt the hens especially if he’s been raised with them and has been good so far. You can keep them together. But I would make one anyway just in case. Also if you collect the eggs daily they won’t develop if you’re worried about that.

There's no need to house him separately. Roosters and hens are kept together all the time. If you notice problems, deal with them then, but no need to worry about it now. BYC is always open for questions so you have back up. Fertilized eggs are just fine. No difference from unfertilized eggs so long as a hen doesn't brood them.

Guess who’s started crowing this morning? You were all correct. I’m sure I will have a lot more questions in the future.
Thank you for your help!
Aloha

Just eat the fertilised eggs by collecting them daily. They don't begin to develop unless they are set or a hen sits on them. He can be lifelong friends with his hens. You don't have to have chicks from the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom