Help with male or female please šŸ™šŸ¼

Sunbonnets

In the Brooder
Jan 2, 2024
Aloha from Hawaii!
Iā€™m new to all of this and have been raising 3 chicks that were supposed to be female.
They are doing great but Iā€™m concerned that one might be a cockerel.
They are all approx. 16-18 weeks old and this one is much bigger than the others.
She/he is also the boss of the other ladies. I know itā€™s difficult to tell but any ideas? No waddles that I can see but does have a few nettle green tail feathers.
Mahalo nui for any info.

Attachments

• IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3858.jpeg
    IMG_3858.jpeg
    891.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3861.jpeg
    IMG_3861.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3860.jpeg
    IMG_3860.jpeg
    695.9 KB · Views: 25
ugh, can I keep him in the coop with two hens heā€™s been raised with? Iā€™m allowed to have roosters because our entire island is full of wild jungle fowl.
Will he hurt the hens? Now all the eggs will be fertilized! I wanted a peaceful life of egg laying hens. Do I need to make him a bachelor pad? He loves his ladies and his coop and we want to keep him.

100% cockerel. You can see male specific feathers starting to come in on his back.
ugh, can I keep him in the coop with two hens heā€™s been raised with? Iā€™m allowed to have roosters because our entire island is full of wild jungle fowl.
Will he hurt the hens? Now all the eggs will be fertilized! I wanted a peaceful life of egg laying hens. Do I need to make him a bachelor pad? He loves his ladies and his coop and we want to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom