Help with metal coop enclosures

Couple of questions... Will you be letting them out of this coop to free range? Is this coop going inside a larger fenced off area?

Being in a warm climate, ventilation is critical. I'm sure you know that. But space is also very important. A 10 ft x 10 ft open-air coop can be adequate for roosting at night and escape from bad weather, but won't be big enough to act as both coop & run for 20 Wyandotte's.

Just trying to ask questions and understand your needs or expectations before offering appropriate suggestions. 😊
I will not be letting them free range, that is how I lost my last flock. I would like this area to be build on the back of this structure.

So my original thought. An a-frame hen house on the back of this run. What I can't find is the dimensions that tell me how much wood I would need or what size to make it perfectly match up with the run I have now so I can put it at the back and tie it all together. I can't find a calculator to do this and I'm honestly can't figure the math out.

Height on the original run is 6.46 feet tall. Width is 9.84 across. I want the hen house to go back five feet.

Attachments

• dimensions of coop.png
    dimensions of coop.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 2
So my original thought. An a-frame hen house on the back of this run. What I can't find is the dimensions that tell me how much wood I would need or what size to make it perfectly match up with the run I have now so I can put it at the back and tie it all together. I can't find a calculator to do this and I'm honestly can't figure the math out.

Height on the original run is 6.46 feet tall. Width is 9.84 across. I want the hen house to go back five feet.

Attachments

• dimensions of coopnew.png
    dimensions of coopnew.png
    356.8 KB · Views: 2
four with the one leading into the run having the chicken ramp and door there. I was thinking (and I'm fine with advice here) of doing the back wall that actually is on a hinge to open to clean it out?

four with the one leading into the run having the chicken ramp and door there. I was thinking (and I'm fine with advice here) of doing the back wall that actually is on a hinge to open to clean it out?
Is this going to be a raised coop, or full hight?
I recommend full hight. Much easier to clean and reach eggs that are inevitably going to be in the far corner.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom