Help with my easter eggers

Renee2552

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2017
Hey guys! I brought home 4 easter eggers a few days ago and told that they are 4 weeks old. However, 2 are noticeable smaller and have much less feathers with the "fluffy" look around their back and necks still. I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea on how old these chicks really are. Id hate to put them outside over night before they can handle it. The local farmer said i could keep them outside over night when temps are above 60 at their age. But something is telling me they are younger then what he says. The larger ones are the black and the tan ones.
20170609_183042.jpg
20170609_183013.jpg
20170609_182926.jpg

They do look a bit younger. Not sure what your temps are at night, but if they are in the 60's, I would still go ahead and put them out. Especially with that many to snuggle together. Just make sure they can be out of a possible wind like we get here every morning from the canyon.

They do look a bit younger. Not sure what your temps are at night, but if they are in the 60's, I would still go ahead and put them out. Especially with that many to snuggle together. Just make sure they can be out of a possible wind like we get here every morning from the canyon.

Thank you! I had a feeling they were a bit younger. I was looking at them really good today and since ive got them to today, they REALLY have grown alot. We live in west Michigan and our nights are still a bit chilly. However, this weekend night temps will be in the upper 60s so i think ill start them outdoors over night starting sunday.

The size difference can be due to age - it's apparent by amount of feathers, they are younger. But, they are probably different breeds as well - some to be large birds, and some smaller.

You could post photos at "what breed or gender is this," and find out just what you have. I think they are all cuties.

The size difference can be due to age - it's apparent by amount of feathers, they are younger. But, they are probably different breeds as well - some to be large birds, and some smaller.

You could post photos at "what breed or gender is this," and find out just what you have. I think they are all cuties.

Thank you! Im still new to this site and im having trouble finding how to post something. I use my phone so idk if thats the issue but ill have to keep playing with the site!

The local farmer said that they were all easter eggers, which i believe bc they all do have "leg" legs. But their age is different not what he tols me. However, they are growing SOO fast!

Back
Top Bottom