Help with my lovie :)

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Catarina, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Catarina

Catarina New Egg

Nov 27, 2014
    I again guys.

Thank you so much for your help on my "HELP!" topic a few months ago. :)

She's very much better now! Though sometimes she bites arder, she's letting me pet her when she's relaxed and enjoying her time out :) She only bites when she's too excited (and only once in a while).

But I'm here because I want to solve a problem. She doesn't like fruit!!! I've never seen a lovebird not enjoying fruit but this one doesn't eat it! I can let the fuit on the bowl or even on the floor for hours and she wont even approach it. I even tried to put the fruit in a way that it looked like a toy but nothing...
    I've never forced her to eat fruit or scared her pushing it to her beack. I simplly gently presented her the fruit. She puts her beak on it gently to taste but then she doesn't eat...

I've tried apple, orange, pear, grapes... She eats some vegetables: brocoli, lettuce, cabbage, corn... But I can't make her eat fruit...

Can somebody help me?

Thank you so much.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Rosa moschata

Rosa moschata Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2013
    What veggies or other things does she like? Consider shredding or finely-chopping the new stuff with the old, and presenting it in a mixed bowl.

:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by