Help with my Polish girl!

Update:
After putting Martha (the one who has been sleeping in the run) up in the coop for the last two nights, I go out there tonight to move her and now the other two have joined her in the run! I give up lol

4'x4' should be plenty for 3 Polish. Any photos of your coop inside and out?

Possibilities are not enough ventilation (or drafts in the roost area), not enough light at sunset to navigate by, roosts that are uncomfortable to use or poorly spaced, roost mites...

4'x4' should be plenty for 3 Polish. Any photos of your coop inside and out?

Possibilities are not enough ventilation (or drafts in the roost area), not enough light at sunset to navigate by, roosts that are uncomfortable to use or poorly spaced, roost mites...
Okay I will take pictures tomorrow. They have much more of a draft in the run than the coop. I did check for mites or any other type of creatures. Maybe they are just roosting out there before bed time and get caught out there in the dark before they are heading into the coop. That is their favorite place to be during the day. I’ve learned that polish chicks have their own set of rules and are a little strange at times lol so I almost feel bad making them move if that’s where they want to be.

I’ve learned that polish chicks have their own set of rules and are a little strange at times lol so I almost feel bad making them move if that’s where they want to be.

I wouldn't feel bad, being inside a coop is more secure no matter how good your run is, and it provides better weather protection as well.

Back
Top Bottom