Help with my Spanish black

christian s

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 6, 2014
Elk Grove, CA
So yesterday my aren't said we should put them outside.it turns out to be a bad idea and now 1 won't stand or eat she's 2.5 weeks old and when I went out to check on them she looked dead I picked her up got her warm now she's drinking she opens her eyes and chirps but I can't get her to eat or stand she moves her legs but still can't stand plz help

So yesterday my aren't said we should put them outside.it turns out to be a bad idea and now 1 won't stand or eat she's 2.5 weeks old and when I went out to check on them she looked dead I picked her up got her warm now she's drinking she opens her eyes and chirps but I can't get her to eat or stand she moves her legs but still can't stand plz help
She is probably too cold to do anything. I would warm her up immediately first before anything else. Giving electrolytes & probiotics may help her recover from the shock to her system. Depending on where you live they shouldn't go outside until 8 weeks. I would say 5 weeks bare minimum for heritage breeds; that is if it is warm outside and you have enough poults to cuddle and keep warm through the night. My broad breasted were okay at 4 weeks but they are much bigger at that age than heritage. You were on the wrong end of some very bad advice. I hope she pulls through.

Back
Top Bottom