Help with necropsy results

Since your bird had IB, most likely the rest of your flock has been infected as well. IB virus passes quickly through a flock. Wrinkled eggs and watery whites are telltale signs of IB.

Impacted gizzard is a separate problem. It occurs more frequently than most chicken owners think.

Since your bird had IB, most likely the rest of your flock has been infected as well. IB virus passes quickly through a flock. Wrinkled eggs and watery whites are telltale signs of IB.

Impacted gizzard is a separate problem. It occurs more frequently than most chicken owners think.
Thank you, I'm really sad about the gizzard impaction. Unfortunately I have another hen having similar poop as the other and I'm terrified. She's still lively and happy but I can tell she isn't 100%. What can I do to help her?

Thank you, I'm really sad about the gizzard impaction. Unfortunately I have another hen having similar poop as the other and I'm terrified. She's still lively and happy but I can tell she isn't 100%. What can I do to help her?
The only way you can tell is by weighing her every other day and make notes of her weight. If she is eating and eating and not putting on weight, that means the food she's eating isnt being properly digested/absorbed and she's slowly starving to death due to impacted gizzard. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about impacted gizzard, IF that's the case.

The only way you can tell is by weighing her every other day and make notes of her weight. If she is eating and eating and not putting on weight, that means the food she's eating isnt being properly digested/absorbed and she's slowly starving to death due to impacted gizzard. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about impacted gizzard, IF that's the case.
Thank you so much! I'm so sad about this, I don't want it to happen again but I'm so scared it may be too late to do anything. I'm praying for the best, I adore these birds :( this recent one is my pride and joy lol she is so big and every one who doesn't know chickens and sees her thinks she is a rooster lol she's so cute

Back
Top Bottom