Help!!! with nesting behavior

waitin on eggs

Songster
9 Years
Sep 29, 2010
Spartansburg,PA
I have 3 girls that will be 25 wks on friday. "Lucille" she's my little lovey girl (follows me everywhere) Anywhoo... She's been squatting for about a week now. I'm so excited to get my first egg!!! She was in the coop this afternoon, singing a little song and I peeked in and she had pulled all the straw and golf balls out of the nest box and refashioned the straw into a nice little circle nest right in the middle of the coop floor. My question is do I leave it as is or do I return the straw and golf balls to the nest box? I currently have 5 gallon buckets turned on their sides! Should I offer another type of box or just let her go? Please help

If it were me I would put the nest back in the bucket. You don't want them to start any bad habits. You may want to offer another type of box just made of wood scraps or something. Sounds like your little busy body is ready to lay.

Quote:
Thank you. That's what I was thinkin I just don't want to screw things up. I just put her perfect little nest back in the bucket. Does this mean she will lay within a day or 2 or is she just practicing?

Quote:
Yes Finally, It seems like forever. It's like waitin for christmas morning when your 10!
celebrate.gif
Hopefully I'll be able to post pics soon. Thanks for all the replies...

Back
Top Bottom