Help with new baby buff orpington

We rescued a sick chick from tractor supply on Sunday when we went to get food for our chickens. She looked really bad and others were walking all over her. She didn’t seem to have a chance there and my daughter and I both have tender hearts and want to help her. We also have a number of other chickens we have raised with no issues. But this girl was definitely dehydrated so we have been giving her water and she perked up some but still very lethargic and also struggling to walk. She will stumble over to her food and eat and drink water when we give it it her but I haven’t seen her do that on her own. She struggles to walk and we have been trying to determine if this may be a leg issue or neurological. I am attaching photos in hopes someone can give us an idea on what to do. Contemplating the chick chair but would love to know if anyone thinks that will help. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Try dipping her beak lightly in water so she can find it.

Thought I would give an update on the little chick! I am happy to say we are seeing progress. Yesterday she started trying to stand on her own and could for a few seconds at a time. Then she started taking a couple of steps at a time and falling over looking totally intoxicated! As the day went on we spent time with her and she just kept trying to stand and walk. Today is the same but you can see she is stronger and trying more and going slightly longer distances before falling over. We will keep working with her and giving her the vitamins and electrolytes. I am just so excited that she has come this far. Thank you all for the suggestions and wise words to help!!!

Thought I would give an update on the little chick! I am happy to say we are seeing progress. Yesterday she started trying to stand on her own and could for a few seconds at a time. Then she started taking a couple of steps at a time and falling over looking totally intoxicated! As the day went on we spent time with her and she just kept trying to stand and walk. Today is the same but you can see she is stronger and trying more and going slightly longer distances before falling over. We will keep working with her and giving her the vitamins and electrolytes. I am just so excited that she has come this far. Thank you all for the suggestions and wise words to help!!!
Awesome....! Good job.

Back
Top Bottom