Help with new incubator please :D

blondemom1979

Hatching
Mar 5, 2016
My sil got a new little giant 12300 with the fan inside, the fan is turning off and on is that normal or should it stay on? I have the older LG 9300 with no fan and love it working great for me but no idea if hers is defective or if the fan is supposed to come off and on. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Maybe the way its wired, the fan is cutting on and off with the thermostat? On most, it stays on constantly. Looking at the fan that goes on the newer LGs, it looks like its housed inside the heating element itself, so maybe it is normal. You could always send Miller Manufacturing an email and ask.

Do you have good hatches in the 9300? I really dislike mine. Theres so much variance from one side to the other, the temp probe with the plastic sheet is a pain and the digital read out for temp and humidity is just straight up junk. Biggest waste of my money ever. I was considering adding a fan to it to see if it would help, but maybe I should just sell it (or whack it into a million pieces with a hammer). Its a shame because the lid fits better than the one on my 9200, but I'll always pick the older model every time between those two!

Back
Top Bottom