Help with OEGB ID x 2

poisondartfrog

Songster
Apr 7, 2019
I replenished my dwindling flocks (1 bantam, 1 large fowl) around the first of June. They are from different sources, Ideal and Hoover, but all 14 bantams are 7 weeks old, give or take a day or two. I could identify most of them, but I got help with the first one on here earlier. I was told it was a self blue OEGB, and that makes sense to me. My questions about the first bird are if it would be considered lace blue because of the color variations in these juvenile feathers, and whether the light-buff tail feathers change that opinion to porcelain, perhaps, I am happy either way, I just like things nailed down, lol, even if that just means it's not a prime example of the color. Just one photo of this bird. The rest are of the other bird I'm trying to ID.

I'm posting several pictures of bird 2, which appears to be a cockerel. I think he's been crowing for about a week now, either him or a black cochin bantam that arrived with him. At first I thought he was a Japanese, but maybe he's OEGB, as well. His feet are black on top, white on the bottom. He's black all over, at least he was. He's now developing some white and buff areas on his wing feathers.

I'm grateful for any input. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF3358.JPG
    DSCF3358.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF3365.JPG
    DSCF3365.JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF3360.JPG
    DSCF3360.JPG
    586.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF3361.JPG
    DSCF3361.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF3362.JPG
    DSCF3362.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 12
First bird looks splash or maybe blue mottled. Can you get a pic in better lighting?

Second bird is a black OEGB cockerel. He will lose the white feathers as he molts.

Back
Top Bottom