Help with roo behavior (he's not mean)

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
My rooster, who I like, does this weird thing where he comes up to me and kinda does this shake/dance and does a cirle around me. What's he doing? Flirting?
He's started doing it more often, and it's just kinda confusing to me I'm thinking "what the heck?" every time he does it.

He's never agressive towards me, except when I move him from the deck rail to the proper roost - we get along great! Sometimes he comes out and walks across the yard with me talking the whole time, and the pullets follow behind us.

Yep, sideways walk and he kinda shakes.

I don't think he's got the wing thing down though, I've never seen him do it for me or the girls.

I hoped he wasn't going psyco, or I even though he might have seisures or something but I wondered why he only did it when he walked around me! lol

That's his "I'm the alpha roo here and I'm directing you to go this way..." dance. It's his way of demonstrating he's dominant over you. If it continues, you may want to pick him up every now and then to remind him YOU'RE the boss, not he.
smile.png

Quote:
Actually, I think he loves my rain boots.

If my memmory holds true, he really started all this up when I started wearing knee high boots
lau.gif

aahh see, that's where you went wrong.... we all know that men find the knee high ones sexy.. you shoulda gone for the mid calf and he'd still be dancing for the hens...

Back
Top Bottom