Help with St. Pattys Dinner

Redfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Gervais OR
I bought a corned beef brisket and a head of cabbage. How do you guys normally prepare it? Do you use the seasoning packet or not? I need some good ideas. I made one once before a long long time ago and I remember I wasn't crazy about it...but I do love it when someone else makes it for me...so whats the trick?
smile.png

I usually just throw that puppy in the crockpot or dutch oven with the seasoning packet, some onions, potatoes, cabbage and carrots and just let it cook for a day. A bottle of Guiness in the mix doesn't hurt at all. I'm a vegetarian but I live for those potatoes covered with some cabbage, onions, and carrots this time of year. Make extra potatoes so you can have hash the next day.

Quote:
Easy enough...do you cover with water or just add a little? I cook with the crock pot all the time, but I just don't want to screw this up. lol

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner
barnie.gif
I make corned beef and cabbage every St. Pat's Day. Yesterday morning I threw my corned beef in the crockpot with the seasoning packet and one bottle of beer/guiness. Nothing else. I made my boiled new potatoes and cabbage later in the afternoon. Not room in my crockpot as that brisket was big. I also made Irish Soda Bread to go with it. The bread makes some absolutely awesome french toast for the next morning!
droolin.gif
Had a chilled pilsner glass and cold guiness waiting for dh when he got home. We use horseradish sauce as a condiment with the beef. It was excellent!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom