Help with the breeds

chickieluver26

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Ok so I ordered 6 silkies a month ago three died I ordered females so they were 10 dollars each. They told me I could get a reshipment. I ordered 5 brown egg layers and 4 rare breed.

I'm sure this is a buff laced polish thinking about naming her Buffy (as in fluffy, her color and as in the worm slayer)

Possibly a black jersey giant or barred rock

Barred or giant

Barred or giant

Possibly a splash Cochin (has feathered feet)

Buff Orpington?

Delaware?

I think a golden Campine

Egyptian Fayoumis or Appenzeller Spitzhauben

They are three days old and from mpc. Also there is a little poo stuck to their butts how do I get it off (note: this isn't my first time with chicks I've had over 30 but this is my first time with rare breeds and hatchery chicks)

Ok so I ordered 6 silkies a month ago three died I ordered females so they were 10 dollars each. They told me I could get a reshipment. I ordered 5 brown egg layers and 4 rare breed.

I'm sure this is a buff laced polish thinking about naming her Buffy (as in fluffy, her color and as in the worm slayer)

Possibly a black jersey giant or barred rock
-Australorp
Barred or giant Australorp
Barred or giant
Cochin
Possibly a splash Cochin (has feathered feet)
Not sure :/
Buff Orpington?
Buff Orp
Delaware?
Delaware
I think a golden Campine
Golden Campine
Egyptian Fayoumis or Appenzeller Spitzhauben
Not sure
They are three days old and from mpc. Also there is a little poo stuck to their butts how do I get it off (note: this isn't my first time with chicks I've had over 30 but this is my first time with rare breeds and hatchery chicks)

I'm poor at chicks but I do know barred babies. Any barred bird has a white spot on it's head at hatch, that's part of the barring. Solid heads mean non-barred birds. I think your black chicks look like australorps.

LL
silver lakenvelder

Your blacks if they have a spot on the top of their heads could be a barred rock (yellow feet and single comb) cuckoo marans (pink feet and single comb) or a dom (yellow feet and a rose comb) if no dot on head they could be giants (yellow feet) or australorps (pinkish/ white feet) or a few other breeds.

Last edited:
L
LL
silver lakenvelder Your blacks if they have a spot on the top of their heads could be a barred rock (yellow feet and single comb) cuckoo marans (pink feet and single comb) or a dom (yellow feet and a rose comb) if no dot on head they could be giants (yellow feet) or australorps (pinkish/ white feet) or a few other breeds.
Only one has a spot on its head the other two don't

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom