Help with the breeds

chickieluver26

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Ok so I ordered 6 silkies a month ago three died I ordered females so they were 10 dollars each. They told me I could get a reshipment. I ordered 5 brown egg layers and 4 rare breed.

I'm sure this is a buff laced polish thinking about naming her Buffy (as in fluffy, her color and as in the worm slayer)

Possibly a black jersey giant or barred rock

Barred or giant

Barred or giant

Possibly a splash Cochin (has feathered feet)

Buff Orpington?

Delaware?

I think a golden Campine

Egyptian Fayoumis or Appenzeller Spitzhauben

They are three days old and from mpc. Also there is a little poo stuck to their butts how do I get it off (note: this isn't my first time with chicks I've had over 30 but this is my first time with rare breeds and hatchery chicks)

BantamFan4Life

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO.
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 15, 2012
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Ok so I ordered 6 silkies a month ago three died I ordered females so they were 10 dollars each. They told me I could get a reshipment. I ordered 5 brown egg layers and 4 rare breed.

I'm sure this is a buff laced polish thinking about naming her Buffy (as in fluffy, her color and as in the worm slayer)

Possibly a black jersey giant or barred rock
-Australorp
Barred or giant Australorp
Barred or giant
Cochin
Possibly a splash Cochin (has feathered feet)
Not sure :/
Buff Orpington?
Buff Orp
Delaware?
Delaware
I think a golden Campine
Golden Campine
Egyptian Fayoumis or Appenzeller Spitzhauben
Not sure
They are three days old and from mpc. Also there is a little poo stuck to their butts how do I get it off (note: this isn't my first time with chicks I've had over 30 but this is my first time with rare breeds and hatchery chicks)

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
I'm poor at chicks but I do know barred babies. Any barred bird has a white spot on it's head at hatch, that's part of the barring. Solid heads mean non-barred birds. I think your black chicks look like australorps.

ramirezframing

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Knee Deep
LL
silver lakenvelder

Your blacks if they have a spot on the top of their heads could be a barred rock (yellow feet and single comb) cuckoo marans (pink feet and single comb) or a dom (yellow feet and a rose comb) if no dot on head they could be giants (yellow feet) or australorps (pinkish/ white feet) or a few other breeds.

Last edited:

chickieluver26

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
San Antonio Texas
L
LL
silver lakenvelder Your blacks if they have a spot on the top of their heads could be a barred rock (yellow feet and single comb) cuckoo marans (pink feet and single comb) or a dom (yellow feet and a rose comb) if no dot on head they could be giants (yellow feet) or australorps (pinkish/ white feet) or a few other breeds.
Only one has a spot on its head the other two don't

Last edited:

Top Bottom