Help with the Lockdown phase

jfer

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Lakeland Florida
I wanted to ask about when I go for the three day lockdown. I see some people put paper towels down or other things down over the wire under the eggs for hatching. What is some advise on that? Mine are about to go in lockdown in a few days.

I don't see any reason to do that unless you have multiple levels and are worried about getting shmegma on the next level down. The baby chicks have no problem walking on the fine wire mesh.

I think most people do that just to avoid the "shmegma" as cameronfarm called it lol from getting on the incubator bottom itself. The styrofoam cheapy type that many use, including myself, is a real pain to clean up so I too have progressed to using paper towels to prevent the mess from getting on all the hard to clean areas. Good luck with your upcoming hatch!
yippiechickie.gif

I need additional help with the humidity during lockdown. I've heard it should be 70-75 and 80 to 85. What should it be at with one of those styrofoam bators?

I run 55-60% humidity for lock down. As they pip, zip and hatch your humidity will rise rapidly. If it gets too high I open lid to release water vapor and get it back in the 60's.

Back
Top Bottom