Help with unpaid item case on Ebay

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
So I had a bidder on Ebay not pay for their win. I opened a case after 4 days as allowed by Ebay. After that I turned on the 'unpaid item assistant' but I don't know that it will work to close this case automatically?
hu.gif

It says I can close the case now, but I'm not sure how that works? Will I get a credit for the final value fee if I close it or how does that work? This is the first unpaid item case I've ever had to open on there.

Yes, if you close the case you will get your final value fee back. Hate when you have to go through all that - but I guess its part of ebaying. Hope it goes well for you.

Quote:
I've only had one unpaid item case on Ebay. It was closed after Ebay contacted the buyer, I was under them impression I was NOT to close it myself. If I did, it meant I had worked it out directly.

That was a few years back. Go back through all the stuff and double check everything. Read the fine print. It's tricky.

Good luck, hope the buyer pays up. I don't do any business on ebay any more, too risky.

Well this buyer had zero feedback so I doubt they will pay. It's been well over a week since they won the auction and they haven't contacted me or Ebay from the looks of it. I'll probably call them tomorrow (Ebay) and see what they say to do. I don't remember when I opened it but it says I can close it. I don't want to mess up and not get the credit since they charge a fortune for FVF now.

Back
Top Bottom