Help with unpaid item case on Ebay

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shelleyd2008, Jun 1, 2011.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    So I had a bidder on Ebay not pay for their win. I opened a case after 4 days as allowed by Ebay. After that I turned on the 'unpaid item assistant' but I don't know that it will work to close this case automatically? [​IMG]

It says I can close the case now, but I'm not sure how that works? Will I get a credit for the final value fee if I close it or how does that work? This is the first unpaid item case I've ever had to open on there.

2. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Sorry I don't know...I have only bought/sold a few items on ebay before [​IMG]

3. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Send a email to Ebay/Paypal with case number and all info on it and they normally will get back to you pretty quickly. I think they reverse the charge once it's resolved.

4. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Yes, if you close the case you will get your final value fee back. Hate when you have to go through all that - but I guess its part of ebaying. Hope it goes well for you.

5. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Forgot to add - Ebay will suppend the buyers rights until this is resolved and hope that will make buyer fill out a 'close case' or contact you to resolved the issue.

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I've only had one unpaid item case on Ebay. It was closed after Ebay contacted the buyer, I was under them impression I was NOT to close it myself. If I did, it meant I had worked it out directly.

That was a few years back. Go back through all the stuff and double check everything. Read the fine print. It's tricky.

Good luck, hope the buyer pays up. I don't do any business on ebay any more, too risky.

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well this buyer had zero feedback so I doubt they will pay. It's been well over a week since they won the auction and they haven't contacted me or Ebay from the looks of it. I'll probably call them tomorrow (Ebay) and see what they say to do. I don't remember when I opened it but it says I can close it. I don't want to mess up and not get the credit since they charge a fortune for FVF now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by