Help worms

pawswhiskersnwings

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
I was just out doing my mid day watering on our small flock of 9 and noticed a worm in chicken poo. It is around the size of dental floss and 3 inchest long, round not flat. Is this a roundworm? Can i just worm them or do we need to go to a vet? Are we gonna get sick from eating the eggs? Any help is appreciated.....

Thanks

I just dealt with this on Saturday. I gave all of mine some Wazine in their water and about an hour to an hour and half later they were pooping exactly the worm you described. Talk about GROSSED out. I believe the eggs are still fine though but obviously, once you start the wormer you have to wait the usual 14 days or whatever the bottle says.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just give them the wazine (1 T per gal water) and then follow that up 10-14 days later with a broad spectrum wormer. I'm doing that... waiting for the 10th day or so. Hate throwing away those eggs in the meantime...

Oh, once I noticed the wazine kicked the worms out so quickly, I hung out in the coop and scooped up the wormy poo's... those chickadees love worms regardless where the worms are so I didn't want anymore nastiness going on!

Quote:
Thanks sooo much for the info, im gonna run out and get some first thing tomorrow morning. Great advice thanks again... Oh any suggestions for the broad spectrum wormer, (particular name or brand i should get?)

Back
Top Bottom