HELP wounded red golden female

kelcon666

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2015
Utah
So I bought a breeding pair of red goldens and the guy slipped and they flew out of the pen right past him. Two days later I saw the female up 30 feet or so into the tree. I just about killed myself climbing up there in the dark. The horrible kids next door had been shooting her with bb guns and her foot is bloody and broken, her bottom end is also bloody. The bleeding stopped what should I do. I'm only 15 and if my mom found out I bought pheasants she would kill me and her so the vet isn't an option. Also how can I find and recover the male.

To be frank, informing your parents is the only responsible thing to do. Unwittingly, the consequences of obtaining these animals has back-fired in a manner that has caused suffering to them. I'd say the responsible thing you can do is tell your parents and take on the chin the repercussions to you personally.
Ct

Clean up her wounds. Keep her warm, and get a friend or two to help if leg can be splinted. Keep her eating. The only thing I can think of is to try & bait the male into a pen. Hopefully someone with more pheasant experience will chip in some information.

Back
Top Bottom