Help!!!Year old hen wont eat and lose balance.

She could still have Mareks even though she was vaccinated and you have not seen any others with symptoms. Wry neck can be a symptom, so you may just have to wait to see if she gets better. Head injury or other things that affect the brain may be causing her symptoms. If you should lose her I would get a necropsy by your state vet to look for what was wrong. Usually they can tell what it is. Back in post 9 there are some good articles to read about Mareks. I sure hope it is just wry neck but time should tell.

@katiegirl0225 @Eggcessive
I've also noticed she keeps sticking her right leg out to rest comfortably. Any idea why?
Hey. From what I understand. Mareks is kinda like the flu. All of your chickens could get it or none...especially if they're vaccinated. Honestly. I have a hen displaying all the same symptoms as yours and I thought mareks. I learned a lot from my vet about mareks but he was confident that my hen had a bacterial brain infections. We are still trying to save her. All her symptoms are the same as your hens minus the green poop. Green poop can be caused by a lot of other things too like not enough food in her system. Could be she has a bacterial brain infection in which case she would need some antibiotic. Sorry...wish I was more help. I've been doctoring my chicken for nearly 2 weeks now.

Hey. From what I understand. Mareks is kinda like the flu. All of your chickens could get it or none...especially if they're vaccinated. Honestly. I have a hen displaying all the same symptoms as yours and I thought mareks. I learned a lot from my vet about mareks but he was confident that my hen had a bacterial brain infections. We are still trying to save her. All her symptoms are the same as your hens minus the green poop. Green poop can be caused by a lot of other things too like not enough food in her system. Could be she has a bacterial brain infection in which case she would need some antibiotic. Sorry...wish I was more help. I've been doctoring my chicken for nearly 2 weeks now.
Alright, how much money roughly for the antibiotics?

I'm pretty sure she was vaccinated against mareks. I will do what you said and give her vitamin E and and egg and lots of water, I'll check back in here tonight.Thank you very much!
Also when I bring her outside she takes awhile, but she starts to walk around and peck at the ground. But when I put the food in front of her she pecks at it lightly and misses to the right by about 1 inch. Again, thank you very much.
Is there something wrong with her eyesight? Missing food when she pecks at it?

Back
Top Bottom