HELP!!!!! YOUNG MUSOVY DUCK IS ILL!!

If it were overmating, then how can we help her recover? Just let her recover in a stress-free environment? Also, can we completely discard botulism? If it had been botulism how long to wait before recovery?
Do exactly what @Miss Lydia just told you to do and she will recover.

You can't usually have just one female with 1 drake during the mating season without trouble. Get the Terramycin for her eye and that will get better too.

I just saw that you are in Bolivia and your seasons are opposite ours. So if this overmating is happening now and it's not even your "spring" yet then you either need to get some more girls or keep them permanently apart which I'm sure you really don't want to do. I have to do the same thing and it's a pain in the neck to do but is necessary.

Sorry here we are telling you to go to Tractor Supply and I'm sure that isn't possible. You might want to put your location on your avatar profile so that confusion doesn't happen again.

Update:
She is around the same, it seems like she can move her legs but her feet are troublesome. She still chirps a bit, and moves her neck around although I noticed her head and neck are shiveering. Could this be another indicator of botulism or egg-bound or was it just a coincidence since her chest was wet and cold (we fixed that problem already)

When they aren't well they can chill easily, so make sure to keep her dry and warm. How scary to see her and think she had died, Relieved to hear she didn't. Do you have any idea what she could have eaten that posioned her?
I'm not sure. They like to eat a lot of rice, so we feed them plenty of it however sometimes they have left overs and I'm thinking maybe some of those leftovers went bad and that's how she got sick. Just saw her and she's around the same as she was earlier. Its definitely been past 48 hours now, so should she be able to recover on her own if she had botlusim, or should we help her

UPDATE:

She wasn't eating or drinking much, and was mostly sitting, moving her neck a bit. We gave ser some warmer water and we just chekced on her. She is moving her neck more, she has it outstretched (it was tucked in) and she is trying to stand. It seems like she has greatly regained mobility in her legs! However her feet are still messed up. She tried to stand, but her feet aren't straight, they're folded in a strange way and its not letting her stand. Why are her feet acting so strangely?

We are considering giving her corn flour, previously put in water. Can ducks eat this? I believe they can but I want to be sure. Would corn flour be fine?
I would avoid using cornflour.
Could you scramble up some eggs, and try offering some to her?
If you have any greens, you may try chopping that up and offering it as well.

Sounds like she maybe dying. Has she eaten or drank anything today? We haven't seen her so of course we can't say what maybe going on. I'm sorry but it doesn't sound good.
:(

Back
Top Bottom