HELP!!!!! YOUNG MUSOVY DUCK IS ILL!!

Sounds like she maybe dying. Has she eaten or drank anything today? We haven't seen her so of course we can't say what maybe going on. I'm sorry but it doesn't sound good.
:(

Sounds like she maybe dying. Has she eaten or drank anything today? We haven't seen her so of course we can't say what maybe going on. I'm sorry but it doesn't sound good.
Well I have another update. We saw her again, and she was sleeping but woke up. Her neck was in a natural sleeping position, and seemed a little healthier since her neck seemed to be in a more normal position

PLEASE take her to a vet! It's starting to sound like cruelty more than just seeing if she can ride it out. ☹
Sadly there isn't a vet around here that is willing to deal with poultry that we know of. In fact, we didn't even get her from a normal pultry shop but from a market here in LP where poultry is kept in not-so-good conditions since they are stacked one over the other and are mostly sold to be eaten. Its a very poor part of the city to I doubt they were being well nourished at all. In fact, when she arrived she was so ill we didn't think she'd make it through the night. But she survived and grew healthy and strong, almost flying at her prime health.

She's eaten and drank very little sadly, we gave her warm water which she drinks a little. Aside from this not much. She doesn't eat very much normally, but still its worrying.

Well I have another update. We saw her again, and she was sleeping but woke up. Her neck was in a natural sleeping position, and seemed a little healthier since her neck seemed to be in a more normal position
Also, her eyelids dont seem to be badly off. She can open her eyes fully if needed

@Miss Lydia we are considering assiting her to eat since she is not eating. I once read that this can be done by opening the bird's beak and inserting food using something like a syringe? How can this be done?

T
This video should help with tube feeding. It's very important to not get the tube into their breathing tube.
Thanks so much for the video, we have a doctor in the household so she can take care of the anatomical part. There is just one issue, and its that we don't have the tube used. We are looking around for something similar but otherwise, that other substitutes can we use? Just use the syringe or can she choke? Or it depends on how she's doing?

Ok, I found these: We have a plastic syringe similar to the one in the video, but no feeding tube. We do, however have a straw that is flexible and complatible with the syrynge. Here: @Miss Lydia @Aquira
@casportpony
1621205736877.png

1621205712166.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom