1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help....

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by HDchicks, Apr 23, 2016.

1. HDchicks

HDchicks Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2015
    West Middletown Ohio
    Hello everyone I have a question. My girls are 9 weeks old and have been penned up in the coop now for 4 nights and and ready to let them have access to the run as well. Do I need to have feed and water in both the run and the coop??? And should I close them in the coop at night or let them have access 24/7 to the run? Went to great lengths to predator proof the coop and run. Thanks for your time and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    If you can assure that you will let them out at daybreak EVERY day, then the food and water can be in the run. If however, that is not the case, then at least keeping water in the coop (as well as outside) is a good idea. Personally, i would always secure the door, for peace of mind and also to prevent draughts blowing through the coop.

Good luck
    CT

3. limited25

limited25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    Oklahoma
    X2

Also, [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by