Help!

Daisierose3

Hatching
Aug 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

My name is Heather and I am new to this group. My husband and I have a situation with the township and our chickens. We just receive a letter in the mail about how we have to get rid of our chickens. We have had these chickens for about 4 years now and they have not been a problem. We only have egg laying hens, no roosters. We have seen on here that where we are at we are allowed to have chickens but the coop must be 75 feet from property, which we do not have that. We live in Howell Township, New Jersey in Zone 3. We also read that we could get an varience from the town to see if the neighbors have a problem with our chickens. Any advice you might have for us would be very helpful. We love our chickens and we want to do whatever we can to keep them.

Thank you,
Heather

Hello everyone,

My name is Heather and I am new to this group. My husband and I have a situation with the township and our chickens. We just receive a letter in the mail about how we have to get rid of our chickens. We have had these chickens for about 4 years now and they have not been a problem. We only have egg laying hens, no roosters. We have seen on here that where we are at we are allowed to have chickens but the coop must be 75 feet from property, which we do not have that. We live in Howell Township, New Jersey in Zone 3. We also read that we could get an varience from the town to see if the neighbors have a problem with our chickens. Any advice you might have for us would be very helpful. We love our chickens and we want to do whatever we can to keep them.

Thank you,
Heather

this is a tough one.. especially when you got away with it for 4 years now..

i heard they had the same restriction around here 2-3 years ago-- have to be 50-100ft away from the neighbor

it's pretty much to prevent people on small lots having chickens.. but they removed that restriction in 2014

maybe you can start a petition

here the law about # of hens allowed per various lot size is still valid though.. so make sure how many are allowed

Back
Top Bottom