HELP!!

He is actually doing allot better I had him in the incubator today and then put him back in with the others after streching his legs a little and wrapped him In a warm towel before hand. He definitely needs to build up somega strength but he's getting there.

For the most part :( they got blisters on their feet today from my girls blow drying them :(

For the most part
sad.png
they got blisters on their feet today from my girls blow drying them
sad.png
th.gif

Doing ok I guess, when they were 4 days old my girls and I let them play in some water and to dry them off I let my girls blow dry them. Three ended up getting blisters and I treated the blisters with aloe and cleaned it 3 times daily with Epson salt and put triple antibiotic meds on the feet. They are healing now but one baby lost all toes on one foot and the other two lost webbing :'( All are doing good though, growing like weeds and eating and drinking very well.

It's been very hard on me but I'm sure very hard ok them...I'm just glad they are healing and they are ok

Unless I have a chicken raising them, I do not let them have access to swimming water until around 4 weeks of age. This is when their waterproofing gland begins to produce waterproofing oil. Here is a picture of one of the ducklings that I raised this year (I helped it hatch as well). It is a breed that I was able to make (breed) on my own that grows to the exact size and color of a Rouen, but hatches with opposite colors.
Duckling:

Adult:

The adult was a hatch from a few years ago. He is an old duck (8 years old). He is still living though. This years hatch looks a lot prettier than what is in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom