HELP!!

Question, all but two have hatched the two have holes and have been sticking their Beek in and out but not hatching out, should I help or wait??

I would wait. They can get air through the holes and they get their food from the yolk sac, so they should be ok. They may be just a little behind the rest. I have hatched eggs two times and in both cases some hatched one day, some the next.
Silkie1472, what do you think?

It's normal for this to happen. They can get behind for many reasons, but more than likely they are just sleeping or finishing up absorbing their yolk. As long as you do not think that they will be drying out overnight, I would leave them alone and make sure the humidity is still high. Sometime during the night I would get up and check on them or get up early in the morning. If they are still peeping and moving their beaks, I would say that they are okay, but if the membrane starts getting dry, you could probably go ahead and get them out. If the others are still in the incubator, they should encourage the ducklings to come out pretty soon. But as Cheezenkwackers said, it may be tomorrow before they hatch themselves.

We have one more that hatched, one to go there was one that hadn't piped yesterday and was moving around and rolling around last night but was not moving today and we candled and listened and nothing I opened it up and it died :( so out of 6 we have 5

Sorry to hear that. One of my silkie chicks died as well. It pipped internally but was not able to pip extrrnally.

It's hard :( you basically watch them grow and in a matter of hours,minutes and days it can change.

4 out of 5 are doing good, the 5th one hatched last night and my husband had to help him out he was weak so we left him in the incubator but was doing great a hour or so ago so I moved him in with the others.

But the one I'm very worried about is the one I helped hatch, his neck is just not very strong and he struggles very bad with it. I'm so scared and I don't know what to do about his neck

I have chickens hatch out like that sometimes. They can move their body but their head just drags along. The duckling was not able to build up enough muscle before hatching; therefor, he just has to slowly get some of his muscles developed. I would try to feed him some food (game bird or chick starter) and just let him gain strength. You may have to force feed him, but he should be okay. If you could, can you post a picture of what he looks like now so I can make sure that I am telling you the right thing to do?

Back
Top Bottom