Help!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Princess Fluffybutt, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Princess Fluffybutt

Princess Fluffybutt Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2017
    Hi guys I'm new to chickens I have a bit of a mix of different breeds all hens but I have one silkie that I don't know what sex it is any guesses I'm still hoping for hen I'm not 100% of age I was told about 10 weeks just starting to get her feathers on top of her head I'm hoping she gets a pompom cause I like the look of the fluffy silkies I have been told different things like sometimes that fluffy top stuff early means a rooster some say when they crow or lay an egg that they are to hard to sex I'm not allowed roosters where I live so I have everything crossed she is a hen.

Attached Files:

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. Princess Fluffybutt

Jun 4, 2017
    Hi thank you I will

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    It's generally very difficult to sex silkies before 4-5 mos. of age, and sometimes not till they crow or lay eggs.

5. Princess Fluffybutt

Jun 4, 2017
    I have been told that a lot lately I don't know much about them I'm still learning it doesn't help when the lady I got it off lied to me & said it was sexed that it is a hen cause I can't have roosters where I live

6. spd500

spd500 Just Hatched

Apr 18, 2017
    We were told we would know for sure when they either crow or lay an egg , so far that has been true for us

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by