sarahbean36

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2017
These over 3 month-old babies were hatched in a classroom amd we have raised. I would love guesses on breed and sex. I'm pretty sure we have 2 hens but this big white Bird keeps us guessing!

Attachments

debid

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 20, 2011
middle TN
Violet looks like a pullet. It might be that both of her parents were EE but without seeing the egg she hatched from, it's a guess.

Those donated hatching eggs are usually barnyard mixes. If they have an EE rooster, you can see a lot of EE traits in the offspring but you'll need to see her eggs to know if the blue shell gene was passed down.

sarahbean36

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2017
And the dark one looks like a black australorp pullet, right? Thanks for all of your comments so far, I appreciate it! We aren't really concerned about breeds at all, just curious:)

Attachments

debid

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 20, 2011
middle TN
And the dark one looks like a black australorp pullet, right? Thanks for all of your comments so far, I appreciate it! We aren't really concerned about breeds at all, just curious:)
It looks black with a single comb but that doesn't necessarily mean it's an Australorp. Black hides all sorts of stuff. It does look like a pullet, though

Top Bottom