Help!!

Are they all Roos?

• Total voters
Lesson learned! I'm new to raising chickens, so they said they were all hens, I paid extra like a dummy to get attached to roosters that I have to rehome now Or my husband wants to butcher them and I've already made them pets! I can't eat them! Especially Nugget! My special needs son named him/her Chicken Nugget! That's what poor roosters become though! Nobody wants them? At least not 3-4 in a 6 flock!

I agree with the person that said TSC is heavy on roosters. I purchased my first batch from them in April as well, and guess what, four of the six are roosters. I'm going to keep them 'cause they have great personalities, plus they've been elevated to pet status.

Your RIR are all male, and your "Leghorn" isn't a Leghorn (though it looks female). Can you post pictures of those?
She looks a little different from the rest, idk if it's because I had to blucode her in June when something got into their coop? That's why her name's Violet, she's still purple and had to be separated from the flock for a while, but bounced back, but she looks different than the rest? I have an older pic I'll get newer tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_2939.JPG
    IMG_2939.JPG
    430.6 KB · Views: 7
Because she's purple I noticed her butt in some pics and thought maybe you'd be able to tell if she is really a she?

Attachments

• IMG_2948.JPG
    IMG_2948.JPG
    574.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    984 KB · Views: 7
She looks a little different from the rest, idk if it's because I had to blucode her in June when something got into their coop? That's why her name's Violet, she's still purple and had to be separated from the flock for a while, but bounced back, but she looks different than the rest? I have an older pic I'll get newer tomorrow
can't see good but the leghorns look like all hens to me.
I can't believe all the Reds are roosters! That really bums me o
I think that is the most purple chicken I've ever seen. Those feathers are so pretty!!
Yeah! That was back in late May she's still purple, not quit as purple as she was. I was trying to make sure I covered the wound with the blu-kote so the other birds wouldn't peck her, it was a lost cause! But she's the one the roosters keep mounting so they must think it's hot? I thought they were hens and they were just jealous of how sexy she was with her violet self?! Guess I was mistaken! Lol! Poor Violet!

Attachments

• IMG_2930.JPG
    IMG_2930.JPG
    556.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2930.JPG
    IMG_2930.JPG
    556.3 KB · Views: 5
I can't believe all the Reds are roosters! That really bums me o

Yeah! That was back in late May she's still purple, not quit as purple as she was. I was trying to make sure I covered the wound with the blu-kote so the other birds wouldn't peck her, it was a lost cause! But she's the one the roosters keep mounting so they must think it's hot? I thought they were hens and they were just jealous of how sexy she was with her violet self?! Guess I was mistaken! Lol! Poor Violet!
But that was also another reason I was wondering if she wasn't a rooster? She's always with them or getting abused by them? And she does look different now? She's so red and full on th head that it flops over!

But that was also another reason I was wondering if she wasn't a rooster? She's always with them or getting abused by them? And she does look different now? She's so red and full on th head that it flops over!
re you talking about the rir? do they all have green on their tail feathers? I really can't see good but I'm thinking that I'm seeing hackle feathers like a roo.

Back
Top Bottom