Help!!

Are they all Roos?

• Total voters

Roxxi1098

Hatching
Jul 26, 2017
Hello everyone!
I'm new to the group. I'm also a newbie with my chickens but I love the lil cluckers! So, I purchased 6 laying hens from Tractor Supply on April 8th, 3 white Leghorns and 3 Rhode Island Reds as peeps. Well, I know at least 1 if not all of my Reds are Roos! But I'm holding on to the hope that good ole Chicken Nugget is a hen! It's a sweet bird! I'm also a little concerned about one of my leghorns being a roo as well? Idk if anyone can tell by the pic?

Attachments

• IMG_3022.JPG
    IMG_3022.JPG
    666.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3023.JPG
    IMG_3023.JPG
    506.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    383.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3026.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG
    596.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3030.JPG
    IMG_3030.JPG
    953.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3032.JPG
    IMG_3032.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 7
Lesson learned! I'm new to raising chickens, so they said they were all hens, I paid extra like a dummy to get attached to roosters that I have to rehome now Or my husband wants to butcher them and I've already made them pets! I can't eat them! Especially Nugget! My special needs son named him/her Chicken Nugget! That's what poor roosters become though! Nobody wants them? At least not 3-4 in a 6 flock!

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the group. I'm also a newbie with my chickens but I love the lil cluckers! So, I purchased 6 laying hens from Tractor Supply on April 8th, 3 white Leghorns and 3 Rhode Island Reds as peeps. Well, I know at least 1 if not all of my Reds are Roos! But I'm holding on to the hope that good ole Chicken Nugget is a hen! It's a sweet bird! I'm also a little concerned about one of my leghorns being a roo as well? Idk if anyone can tell by the pic?
All cockerels :(
Well, I guess I won't be looking for brown eggs! And I can expect to keep being attacked by Pecker Head, named because she, now he, pecked everyone, and find the rest of my Reds a good home! I'll have to take a better pic of my leghorn tomorrow. If 4 out of my 6 hens are roosters I'm going to find the person who sexes these for a living and make him a hen lol!! That isn't 10%

Back
Top Bottom