Help!!

Silkies4Life1216

Chirping
Mar 18, 2018
Guys I need help quick! I outback my chicks on lockdown yesterday and added way too much water! My humidity is 90! I need to know how this will affect them, and how to lower it without messing with the chicks. I turned down the temp to 98 F and idk what else to do. Please help and quick!

What kind of incubator do you have? My incubator has little red plugs that you take out of the top to release humidity.
Has any eggs pipped? Worst case scenario pull up the lid of your incubator for just a minute to let out a bunch of it.

Too much humidity will drown chicks, but if you act fast enough they'll be okay

What kind of incubator do you have? My incubator has little red plugs that you take out of the top to release humidity.
Has any eggs pipped? Worst case scenario pull up the lid of your incubator for just a minute to let out a bunch of it.

Too much humidity will drown chicks, but if you act fast enough they'll be okay
No eggs have pipped yet, and I added some styrofoam (which is one thing it stated to do). I checked a little while ago and it was at 80, so....
I am hoping all turns out well. I did let some of it out.
I have a Janole12 incubator. This is my first hatch so I hope all goes well. The brooder is set up and ready!

No eggs have pipped yet, and I added some styrofoam (which is one thing it stated to do). I checked a little while ago and it was at 80, so....
I am hoping all turns out well. I did let some of it out.
I have a Janole12 incubator. This is my first hatch so I hope all goes well. The brooder is set up and ready!
I'm glad you got it down, my first hatch humidity went as high as 84% and as low as 46% and I got a 50% hatch rate, all chicks survived and are thriving. As stressful as it is, there's still hardy chicks that'll hatch in the worst conditions. I hope it all goes well from here :)

I'm glad you got it down, my first hatch humidity went as high as 84% and as low as 46% and I got a 50% hatch rate, all chicks survived and are thriving. As stressful as it is, there's still hardy chicks that'll hatch in the worst conditions. I hope it all goes well from here :)
Thank you! I am trying my hardest. I just checked it again and it was still at 80% but I read that somebody has had theirs at as high as 90% and all went well so I am just hoping...

I am a little worried though because it’s day 21 and mine haven’t even started pipping yet! I did candle them on day 16 and saw that the egg was mostly full so...

Well it’s not day 21 yet. It’s 12:40 AM here and they have not started pipping yet. Today (soon I’m hoping) they should start pipping!

Back
Top Bottom