Help

Debra1234

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2018
Washington state
hello fellow chicken lovers. I am brand new to incubating eggs. These eggs are our own chickens eggs. Not shipped. I live in Washington state. I ran new incubator over night before putting eggs in. Have had a hard time with humidty. It was very high. Above 60 percent. I have now purchased 2 temperature and humidity gages, one digital and one dial. They both read differenty by a degree or 2. I was told digital more accurate so am going by that one. The actual incubator gauge says temp is 37c. I have had to remove almost all of the water and still can only get it down to about 58%. Is it ok to run this without or with very little water? It also turns the eggs. From the direction that came with it I’m thinking probably came from China. Any help appreciated. Have read all info about incubating eggs and know temp and humidity very important.

Try taking all the water out and seeing what the humidity settles at. As long as you are confident the reading is accurate. Anything from 20-40 is acceptable if you ask me.
I
Try taking all the water out and seeing what the humidity settles at. As long as you are confident the reading is accurate. Anything from 20-40 is acceptable if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom